When you're thumbing through the pages of your favorite home design magazine, maybe you've had just a glimpse of some custom homes you can see yourself living in. But then maybe you know that you need some features in your home designed specifically for you but you do not know where to start. Whatever the reason is for considering custom homes, it always helps to have a plethora of ideas at your fingertips. Here are five creative ideas for making your home entirely you.
• Custom bar area – Those who entertain in their home a lot may want to consider having a custom bar area put in. You can equip it with wine racks, a mini-fridge, a luxurious counter space, and a small sink for washing up. There are countless ways to create a custom bar area that suits your personality perfectly.
• Home theater – One of the most popular room remodels today is the addition of a modern home theater. Today there are some wonderful media chairs that are made specifically for media rooms. There are also some incredible projection screens that are perfect for watching your favorite move on. Who needs to go to the theater when you've got a custom built theater in your home already? And you can design it anyway you want it to be.
• Finished basement – The great thing about a finished basement is the fact that it is essentially a clean slate. You can build almost anything you want in a basement and make it comfortable by finishing it. The basement may be a great place for a media room because it's nice and dark-the perfect environment for watching a movie. Other possibilities include a play room for your children, an extra bedroom, a study, or anything else your mind can dream up.
• Dream kitchen – Speaking of dreams, let's talk about your kitchen for a moment. If you could have everything you wanted in your kitchen, what would it include? Many people find themselves wishing that the kitchen sink was in one place and the refrigerator was in another place. Remodeling the kitchen provides the perfect opportunity for you to create the layout you actually want while changing out the décor and getting new cabinets and countertops.
• Go green – Today there is a great movement toward sustainability and just living in a way that is less harmful to our planet. If you do not want to redo your entire home, you may want to just do some small things that will make it more energy efficient, like adding spray foam insulation or doing other minor projects that will enhance the energy efficiency of your home.
Custom homes are a great way to put your own personal stamp on your home and create a look that you love. There is no greater feeling than coming home to a house that you designed yourself. There is literally no limit to what you can do when you decide to look into custom homes. The beautiful thing about custom homes is the fact that they are designed and built according to your specifications. We all need certain things to be a definite way, and sometimes the only way to get them the way we want them is to design them ourselves.
The whole point of custom design is creating the space you have always wanted. Everyone wants to be unique. No one wants to live like they are living in a cardboard cutout that's the same as their neighbor's house. So put your thinking cap on and figure out what you need and want in your home today!