Modular homes have been gaining popularity in the last few years because of the many benefits that they provide the new home owner. If you are considering purchasing a new home this year, here are 10 great reasons to consider a prefab home.
- More Home For Your Money. A modular home does not cost as much as a site built home to produce. This allows the potential owner to purchase more square footage for the money they wish to spend. This can mean additional bedrooms or other coveted amenities that could not otherwise be purchased.
- Mortgage Lenders Like Stability. When you are obtaining a mortgage for a new construction project the project often runs into cost overruns. This can be avoided by purchasing a prefab home because the costs are preset. Lenders appreciate this stability in funding a new project.
- Limited Time Delays. Designing the property and having it enter the construction phase does not take long for prefab homes. Each phase of the structure can be built simultaneously, allowing for them to be completed in a timely manner.
- Weather Delays. Modular homes are not subjected to the weather. They are built in a climate controlled factory. Site built homes often face delays due to inclement weather and are completely exposed during the building process.
- Sturdily Built. These home are built in prefab sections a manner that allows it to be transported from the factory to the building site without damage. This added durability provides more strength to the home once it is built.
- Quality Construction. All construction is under strict quality control measures and built in a controlled environment. This leaves out room for errors to be made.
- Green Technologies. Modular home manufacturers produce less waste than on-site building. Many factories even use their construction waste to heat their buildings in an effort to reduce landfill space.
- Energy Star Ratings. Energy Star does not only apply to energy efficient appliances, it also applies to homes that have reduced energy consumption. Most prefab homes use 15% or more less energy than site-built homes.
- Less Maintenance. These homes are more durable than other types of home construction, and will require less maintenance over time.
- Resale Value. Modular homes often resell for more than their site built counterparts. This is due to the fact that they maintain their “new home” appearance for a much longer period of time.
So, while you are exploring options to your next home, make sure to put a Modular Home on the list to consider. You may quickly find that the advantages on cost, schedule, ease of build, value and quality will move Modular Homes to the top of your list.