When it comes to construction, it is very important to choose the right one. Construction becomes stronger and longevity depends on choosing the right type of building materials.
A few noticeable points before you take your decision for choosing the Steel bar.
- Thermo Mechanically Treated Bar
- It is hard in outer-base and it is softer in core.
- Highly weldable and corrosion resistant
- It manufactures with hot rolled steel wires, which passes through water.
- Highly Ductile
- Ideal for all kind of Construction and Structures
Traditional Bar (HYSD)
- High Yielding Strength Defirmed bars
- These bars have more yield strength
- HYSD bars are not weldable as TMT bars and also non-comparative terms of corrosion résistance
- The HYSD bars manufacturing process involves both hot and cold.
- Less Ductility
- HYSD is also used for all kind of construction and structures but it is less recommended because of the less flexibility
So, what do we understand by HYSD
HYSD = Torsed / twisted steel (TOR Steel Bars)
HYSD = Cold Twisted Defensed Steel Bars (CTD Steel Bars)
HYSD = High Yield Strength Defirmed Bars (Of course!)
AND, TMT Bars
TMT bars are manufactured by the quenching and tempering process which makes the perfect for any construction because the outer surface becomes cool faster than the inner core. For this process, it becomes perfectly ductile. This technique is called Thermo Mechanical Treatment for which it becomes strong and flexible.
Advantages of TMT Bar
It provides the perfect combination of Strength & Flexibility that increases the longevity of the structure. It protects structures from an Earthquake.
Ease during the Process
It reduces construction and fabrication time because of its better ductility and bendability. Pre knit netting helps to eliminate the manual binding time.
It comes with high thermal stability unlike HYSD. It highly fire-resistant and protects buildings from fire.
Its manufacturing process makes the bar anti-corrosive. Water Treatment during its formation prevails it from coarse carbides generation unlike HYSD bars.
TMT Rebars are highly recommended to use for weld joints without any reduction reduction due to having less carbon in it.
External rib across the entire length gives superior bonding strength during RCC (Reinforced Cement Concrete).
Superior Tensile Strength and elongation cause great saving which helps to reduce transport cost. It also saves 17% to 20% over normal bars.
TMT bars are always recommended and considered to be of all construction and while you are making your dream home as well. It is the backbone of all prestigious and valuable construction. It is advisable to go for the best quality TMT Manufacturer in India.
In India Fe 500D TMT Bar is considered the best TMT bar in India .
It is highly recommended to use the best quality TMT Bar when it comes to building your dream home or the superior structure that is a part of making the nation even stronger.